Question

Gabss22

Paid-off delinquent accounts still on credit report?
I paid off a delinquent account in full about 2 months ago but it is still showing on my credit report. Do I need to request that it be taken off or will it fall off soon on its own?

Most Helpful Response

Yes, it should show as paid.  Dispute the account with all three credit bureaus, you can do it online by visitng their websites: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.

Negative items will be removed 7 years from the date of first delinquincy. Paying an account in full does not mean that it will be removed.

Gabss22

Will it at least show that I have paid it? Because at this moment it is still showing that I owe money