Question

Greenandgold2017

Paid off 2 collections. Need to know where to send copies to get this off my credit report
I paid off 2 collections and need to know where i can send my letters to get these removed from my credit report.
Thank you

Paid collection aren't ground for removal just because it's paid. Paid and unpaid collections have exact same reportable period of 7 years plus180 days from Date Of First Delinquency. Vast majority of credit score models out there? Do not distinguish between paid and unpaid collections, in other words, most of your credit scores would get better just because it's paid.

JohnnyRain127

Correction... Most of your credit scores WONT get better just because it's paid.

Johnny,

While Paid and Unpaid are scored the same, I believe Open Collections and Closed Collections do get scored differently, I don't think there is much difference between the two, but I believe that Closed collections are a little less damaging, at least in the fact that Closed collections should stop updating every month.