Question

Posted in Taxes

Frustated

Paid IRS in full
Credit report shows I still owe for 2006 tax return. I paid it off this year and have receipt and acknowledgement from IRS showing I no longer owe them anything. How can I get it off my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

Ben There - Done that

Submut your IRS "Certificate of Release of Federal Tax Lien" to all 3 of the Credit Reporting Bureaus.

I logged onto EXPERIAN, filed a dispute - selected that my dispute go to all 3 CRB - scannaed and attached my IRS letter of "Certification of Release of Federal tax Lien".

By Law all 3 CRB have to make contact with the IRS and confirm the dispute is valid and correct.

Once Confirmation is made - it can take 60 days for the correct to be reflected on your CR

Trust me .... they are super speedy to file negative informationagainst and hold you down

But once you are clean the IRS warden has released you - they (CRB)  are slower than turtles to clean you name

What do you call the legal mafia that is dead set on beating down the hard working American citizen?

taxes

I read that it takes 7 years from when you paid it for it to drop off.