Question

Riah2014

Paid In Full, What Next?!
Just recently made my last payment on an account in collections. What do I do next to have it actually removed from my account? I know its too late to request a "Pay&Delete" being I already paid it off. Please help!

Good Question

You can always dispute the collection. Be creative with your reason for disputing. The collector may or may not verify the account. Send your letters certified via receipt. I hope this helps!

Since you paid it off

There is little you can do.  You can try and request that the Collection Agency remove the account on "Good Will" but there is little incentive for them to do so.  Paid Collections stay on your report for 7 years.  The fact that it is paid is a plus, The fact that it was in collections is a minus. As other positive actions on your Credit report accumilate, it should have less of an effect on your score. In time, usually about 2 years, The old account should have less impact on your overall score.

unfortunatly all paying it off does is make the transaction "recent" so it will effect your score a large amount for at least 2 years...  your best bet is ask for a good will removal.