Question

Hcontreras68

Paid collections account that collector agreed to delete, but DID NOT.
I have an account that went into collections and negotiated with the collector for a "pay for delete". Well, its been 60 days now and it now shows as a zero balance "Paid account" but is still on my credit as a negative. I got this letter in the mail from the collector that says:

"The above referrenced account was paid in full. If this account was reported to the credit bureaus, it will show as deleted on your credit file. This process could take up to 60 days. You can send this letter to the credit bureaus and ask them to update your credit file immediately"

My question is: Will the credit bureaus delete it completely from my account if I send them this letter (from the collector) that says to delete? Can I hold the collector to it? since I have it in writing?

Most Helpful Response

I would have requested it in writing beforehand. You can try talking to a supervisor..  I do not know how far you will get. i wish you good luck.  If it is in writing, I would say you have a good case and can send it to the three credit beaures as a dispute.

I do have it in writing. The statement in quotes on my original post is what the letter says.

you can dispute it. write the companies. send your proof of payment and the a copy of the agreement.

nattie600

by companies I mean credit bureaus