Question

JCMatteson

Paid agreed settlement, now they are reporting difference balance?! Is this legal?
I have an account with Pinnacle Credit for Verizon.

I called to get it taken care of and they told me that Diversified Collections (DCI) is handling that account for them, so I called DCI.

DCI and I reached a settlement. The original balance was $1901.00.

The settlement was $1200.00 to be paid as agreed. I did get this in writing that this was a settlement agreement and that this account would then be settled as agreed.

The payment was made over a month ago.

As of today now, Pinnacle is STILL reporting a balance.... of $701.00.

So basically, I paid the agreed settlement that was worked out with Pinnacles representative company, and now pinnacle is saying they want to balance instead.

Is this legal? Don't they legally give DCI permission to collect and make a settlement when they have them handle it?