Question

canrdboy23

Paid a Collection off but original still showing collection and not paid off
OK so I had a Kay card that went bad, Kay sent it to an outside collection agency, I settled with that agency and they sent me a letter showing it was paid off, they told me they sent it to the Reporting Agencies back in May but the Card is still showing on my report as if I had not paid it yet. Now one thing to know is that the agency never reported to the bureaus that it was a collection so I only have the original Kay card on my report, how can I get this updated so I can clear it from my report? Thanks for the help in advance.

Most Helpful Response

Your first call should be to Kay. Chances are they have not received the payment from the collection agency yet. Companies will be cooperative with polite inquiries and perhaps a copy of the letter from the collection agency.

If not then you will have to get a real copy of your credit report and file a written dispute with the credit bureaus. You will have to show proof of payment. Expect the account to be shown as paid, but not removed.