Question

FlynnPig

Paid a collection, but still says open. When does it close?
I just joined credit karma and it showed that I had something in collections. I looked into it and then paid it off. I'm wondering how long it takes for my credit report to state that it has been paid off? As of now, it still says open.

It can take a month or so from the time that you pay if for the info to update. If a month or two goes by and it is not marked as paid, then dispute it with the credit bureaus. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites where you can dispute. You should have tried to get a "pay for delete agreement". It is too late for that now though.