Question

50chev

owner financing reporting
I have paid on time for 3 yrs. I would like to find out if he can report my payment history to help my credit. Thanks.

It is possible, but...

Interestingly, it is much easier to push negative information onto your credit report than positive.  If you default on your private loan, the lender can sue you in court and the judgement will be dinging your credit in no time.  However, if you're true to your commitment, it will be difficult to get the "credit" for it.
.

Mortgage payments and the related history only appear on your credit if the loan is serviced by a lender who reports to the credit reporting agencies. There are very strict processes for reporting and financial costs are involved, which make it unrealistic for an individual lender to report.  

.

There companies that provide this service to individual lenders by collecting the taxes, insurance, issuing 1098 statements and reporting to credit reporting agencies. One I am aware of is called CircleLending.  Be aware that these services don't come free and can cost $40-$50 on an annual basis over the course of the loan.  If you have a 30 year loan, this could cost you $1500.

Now HE can :) Kinda...

There is a new company called renatl kharma. google it and it will pop up at the very top. All you need to do register, which takes couple minutes, and you put in your landlords information. You asked for owner finance, i know, but at the moment it can only be reported as rent. The good thing about it is they do ot require you show any proof ofpayment, basically by the word of your landlord, and the best thing about it is it can be reported as far back as 4 years. So you are good with the 3 year time period. The total cost i assume would not be more than $200 or so. Which is very reasonable for an instant 3 year payment history on your credit report. And after the initial report, it is only $9.95 a month to keep reporting the payments. I believe this can only be reported to TU at the moment but it is better than nothing. I hope thi helps.