Question

cindymichaud

owe thousands to hospital due to illness, credit score horrible due to this, advice please
last 3 years been ill with heart issues. I owe over 15,000 in last 3 years, tried to get hospital to accept 50.00 a month, they wouldnt take it, payment had to be 400.00 a month and paid off with in 2 years, anyway didnt have money to pay now at collection, i have 27 accounts that i cant pay and it had brought down score very low

Most Helpful Response

Hospital bills

I am a firm believer in paying bills, but that said, if the hospital won't accept  what you can afford to pay, I would send them a certified letter, return receipt requested telling them what you can afford.  It is good to have it it goes to court.  Ask the collection agency for an original bill, with all costs put in separately and by name not code number.  This will take a while.  Most states have a statute of limitations on medical bills of 3 years from last payment.  Since they refused payment, I personally would not pay anything and hope the 3 years go by without problems.  Then I would tell them what to do with the paperwork.  I would also send the letter sent to the hospital about willingness to pay, to the reporting agencies.