Question

girlsofusa

Other ways to raise my score besides paying off collections?
My score is in the 500s and I need to raise it so me and my fiance can get our own place and get on our feet. I owe 3 different companies money (not credit cards) and they all went to collections. What are the best and fastest ways to raisemy score besides paying them off? And I don't know much about credit.

Use credit, and establish a pattern of on time payments. Use only 1-20% of your total credit limit. It takes time to recover.

Until those collections are paid in full,  your score is not likely to increase and you won't get a house.

Utilize the articles and tools on this site to get a better understanding of how credit works and how you can improve it.  This site is an interactive tool so you can LEARN how to improve your score and have a better financial future.

Please use what is available here.