Question

mira831

Other Debt Unknown
Looking at my report card i have an amount under other. When I try to see what or how it is all I get is that it is unavailable. How do I find out who those accounts are with.

Most Helpful Response

It could be collection accounts

Do you currenly have any accounts in collections or that have been charged off?  If so, add the totals up of those accounts (you would get this info. from your credit report) and see if their total matches or closely matches the total listed in "other" on credit karma.  That's how it it is for me.  For a long time I couldn't figure out what the "other loans" were, then it dawned on me, credit karma is pulling the past due amounts from collection accounts and posting their total as "other".  Hope that helps!

hanamaui

I forgot something in my previous answer.  You asked how you find out who the accounts are with.  You'll need to pull a credit report to get that information.  I would pull all three reports as some of the account(s) may not be reporting on any one particular report.  annualcreditreport.com allows you to pull all 3 once per year for free, otherwise you can do it from each bureau's website for a fee.

a little annoyed

I have a total of 13k in other accounts and after pulling my reports there was only 3k worth of debt to be paid. I paid this debt and now credit karma shows 10k a month later and my new credit reports are blank. Where is this "other accounts" total coming from?