Question

sloneg

Original debt date was reset by collection company. Is this reason valid enough remove this record?
I had some collection records on my credit report, which were originated few years ago, but definitely not in 2014. I just pulled my credit report from FICO, and just today paid attention that open date for 3 open collection is just December 2014.
I checked credit reports from few years ago, and found similar amounts to be collected but different "date open" and different account numbers.
Considering all this information:
1) Do i have a legal right to send validation letter?
2) Can i dispute it directly with credit bureau?
3) I was going to call NY Department of consumer division - is this necessary, will they give me any useful information?

Thank you in advance!

I would dispute it with both but I wouldn't worry about the "open" or any "delinquent date" as what really matters is the date of first delinquency from the original account.  That date (say your first delinquency started in March 2009 when you paid 30 days late and never made any payments after that) then technically that record will fall off seven years from that month/year.  Not when the collection agency posted your record to your report.