Question

wb1605

Original Creditor deleted on report Collection agency is still showing.. what to do.
My three credit reports are showing only one collection from LVNV Funding for the amount of $2800.

The original debt was from 09/2005 and was reported as delinquent in 03/2006

at one point the debt was chargedoff/purchased by LVNV funding

The original GE debt is now deleted from my report... but the LVNV charge is still showing on all three reports.

They have given the data showing that the date of first delinquency is 07/2008. and that the Date opened is 09/23/2011.

I have never made contact with the company or the phone or by certified mail.... although i did dispute the debt with all three bureau's two-three years ago based on verification of amounts and timelines of the debt. I did not win the dispute... although i was not provided with any followup information as to origin of original debt etc.

I believe this should be past SOL with the original creditor (which is reinforced by the fact that it is no longer showing on my report)

what are my best steps in having this removed from my credit report?

I have seen that people have filed with the BBB to have it removed... is this the way to go... or should i try and redispute this with the credit bureau's themselves...

Thanks in advance.

necro

I would like to revive this questionas I have a similar situation.

The collection agency shows the accounts with a 2012/2013 open date when the original acounts are from the 2008 era