Question

Suckeredbycollections

Orig debtor said they didn't get my payment from credit agency after I paid it
I paid the collection agency and the original debtor said they never received it. It is still marked open on my credit report. I paid with a money order but didn't realize the Drs office never received it until 3 years later when i needed to use the Drs. office again. They said I still owed them. Even though after I paid the collection agency I stopped receiving notices that I owed them. I assumed they got it because I didn't get any more mail from them. I need to be able to see this Dr. But I don't want to have to pay them a $100 again. I can't find the money order receipt bc I only keep them for a year.

Most Helpful Response

Contact the collection agency and ask them to provide you with a payment history, showing that you paid it off.  Show that to your Dr.'s office as proof that you paid them.  If they state it is unpaid, you have a bigger problem on your hands, since you can't prove you paid it.  Hope it works!

Thank you for answering so quickly. I was hoping it would be you that answered my question. You always seem to have really great avice!