Question

Salemdon

Opening new credit card. Good or bad for credit score?
I have been on Credit karma for years , and it has helped me get back on my financial feet.
Now my credit is improving I am getting more offers of credit cards almost every month.
I have 3 already and after an initial period were i over used, the balances are going down and i have 61% usage..and dropping.
If i was to accept 2 more credit cards and not use them..this would bring the available credit down to near 40%.
I understand i will get 2 "hard inquiries" and this will drop my score....but in the longer term is lower utilization worth it?

YOU DON"T NEED MORE CREDIT CARDS!

YOU NEED TO STOP USING THE ONES YOU HAVE !      .  . . .      STOP USING THEM NOW!

You have Bad Habits by Charging so much on the Credit cards.

PAY off your Current Credit cards and then and ONLY THEN ,   should you look at another Credit Card. 

NEVER EVER CARRY a BALANCE on a CREDIT CARD!

EVER!

Sorry for the Caps!  and yes I was Yelling.

Salemdon

Enter Your Reply

I understand were you are coming from and yes in the past i have had bad habits with credit cards.

I recognize that and thats why my utilization has falled from 90%  to 60% in 3 months..I am just trying to see if its possible to speed up the drop in utilization.

Havent used a card in those 3 months at all.