Question

h0neybaby

Opening a new CC 3 months after auto loan?
I've been searching for an answer to my situation but haven't seen anything relevant so hopefully it means I have nothing to worry about.

I'm looking to apply for the Discover It card, which I am on the preapproved list for. Currently I have 2 other open cards (Chase Freedom and BankAmericard). Credit score is excellent, no issues there. I haven't had a hard pull on my credit within the past year. Is there any reason I should be concerned since I opened an auto loan for my car in March?

Thanks!

No need to be concerned, you should be fine. My only question is that you said you opened a car loan 3 months ago, but haven't had any hard inquiries in a year. Didn't the auto loan lender pull your credit?