Question

AmosAlincyJr

Opening A Credit Card For The First Time
I see that it says if you apply for too many cards in a short period of time it may lower my credit score, but what if I don't have any history, 18, and would like to apply for the Chase Freedom card as it seems to be the best according to my research. Also, I'm enrolling into the Air Force, (in case this helps with any information).

Most Helpful Response

If you have no credit i'm sorry but you are not going to get the chase freedom card.  You could try for a cap1 card but you might have to get a secured card to start with.  It is good that you are doing your research, make sure to learn as much about credit as you can because that can save you a lot of head aches like I had to go though when I was young.  After you join the Air Force I how highly, highly recommend getting a account with Navy Federal Credit Union.  Just treat them well and they will treat you great.