Question

toejam24

opening a credit card for a company that I previously defaulted with
I had a Capital One credit card with a balance of around $2000 which I did not pay and the account was eventually closed. If I was to open another credit card with Capital One again can my previous debt be brought back up? The recommended cards for me include a Capital One card and I was wondering if anyone knew. I live in North Carolina if that makes a difference. Thanks!

depends on how long ago

if it was over 7 years ago it should not appear on your credit report.  If they have sold the account to collections or have written off the account then they should not have any in house record of the old account.

If it still shows up on your credit report, I would avoid it.