Question

JulianOspina57

Opening a CC by the same spot that sent me to collections? Credit Karma shows I have a good chance.
Is it possible to open up a credit card by the same company that sent you to collections before? Credit Karma shows I have a "GOOD" chance of opening a line. I want to open up another credit line and really fix my credit without being denied and have my credit suffer for an inquiry...

I would let 6 or 7 years pass before opening with the same company. 

Just because the system

Tells you to do something doesn't make it a good idea.

It will depend on the company.  Some will not ever open a new account for someone ths has had an account in the past that was not settled completely.  Some will after time.

Personally, i avoid the recomendations here because these ads are how CK pays for this site. so its in their interest to get you to click through. they will get paid but thats no guarentee for you. 

JulianOspina57

Thank You! That was very helpful!

So over 7 years ago, in my dumb years, I burned Chase & BofA. I've been rebuilding after years of no cards & no loans. I reapplied with Chase & was denied to to short history. They did question my previous charge offs & they were totally fine with my answers. It was suggested that I reapply in a year or so. BofA was a little different. They actually approved me with no questions or concerns on my charge offs.

Life after bad decisions is fine...you may have to wait for all that stuff fall off to improve your chances though.