Question

JPatel1

Open new credit card account
How would my credit score be affected if I open a new CC? I dont have too much balances on my other CCs and i am planning to buy house soon.

General advice is no new credit 6 months to 1 year prior to a mortgage.

We can't tell you that you'll see an impact of X points.  Your credit score is based on a number of factors.  Opening a new credit card means that you'll take a hit for the hard pull when applying.  You will also reduce your average age of accounts when the new account shows up on your reports.