Question

bbrey26

"OPEN DATE"on report DISPUTE?
OK so I just got my credit report from annualreport.com and I knew I had two items on collections because I went into collections for those around the same time. Same year at least late 2009. So as I'm going threw my report I notice one has an open date of 09/2009 that sounds correct but the other had 11/2011 they should be around the same tho. I was wondering what I could do about this because I was thinking both those accounts were almost 5 years old having little impact on my score but if one is more recent less than 3 years old. Can I dispute this? If so how? Do I dispute at credit bureau or collection agency. Do I meet to mail in proff?

The open date is the date the collector purchased the debt.  It is the date the account was opened with them.  This is not the same as the date the original account was opened, but that doesn't show on your report.  If unpaid, these will fall off 7 years from date they went delinquent.  If paid, they fall off 7 years from date paid.  Any errors, dispute at www.annualcreditreport.com.

BillyBob2016

Just in case anyone is reading this after doing a Google search like I did.  Debts do not fall off your account 7 years after date paid. Paying a debt does not restart the 7 year clock.