Question

BMFRS

Open Credit Cards - what to do
I have two CCs I haven't used for a time, I don't pay a fee for these. Will it improve my score if I were to close these? It's 4 years since a similar question was posted but I know thinking changes so wanted to see current thinking.

No, it won't improve your score because it will reduce the amount of credit available. Your score will drop, at least a few points. 

Exactly what mindjazz said. Closing accounts will harm your credit. Think twice before doing so.

You could apply for a credit card or two which earn rewards which will benefit you. Then you could close the old cards or have the credit limits dropped. Since I don't know the specifics of your finances and credit score, it's difficult to give advice.  But closing the old accounts will shorten your credit history a bit.