Question

brownsfan100

Open accounts in collection
I was wondering why some of my accounts that were paid off still showing up as accounts in collection?

Most Helpful Response

Get a copy of your Credit report

And check.  if they are,  write to the CRA and ask for them to be removed.

Find templates for this type of letter on line for free. 

Eden02

EddyTX! I am in DESPERATE need of your advice! Will you *please* contact me directly?! I would be highly indebted to you (no pun intended)!

Credit Karma has errors

It shows I have accounts in collections and I don't.  Credit Karma claims they only report what the Credit Bureaus report to them.  Yet none of my 3 Credit Reports shows the accounts in collections.

Further CK shows my credits score at 741.  Yet my Credit Reports scores puts me in the 800s. 

Good thing this service is free.  Because I am getting disappointed in its accuracy.

If they were in collections when you paid them off, then they will continue to report as closed, paid collection accounts for 7 & 1/2 years from the date you paid it off.  If they never should have gone to collection status, follow EddyTX's advice and dispute them.

DIMPLESNY911

i have 521 and do u have to pay to dispute thingsn like maGAZINES THAT R NOT YOURS SOMEONE USED MY DARN NAME MY X DID TY SO MUCH TY

I agree with Addison170

Never pay off bills that have gone into collections without a understanding either with the collection agency or the original debtor that they will be deleted upon payment. Without that in writing the collections will stay on your credit report even after you pay them. You could call the collection agency or original debtor and ask them to remove it since it has been payed but you are really at their mercy now. 

LEXINGTON LAW

BROWNSFAN100- if your score has been effected due to these i recommend Lexington Law- There were judgements on my file and they got them REMOVED from all three bureaus. They are amazing and continuolsy worked on my credit

i want to see my credit report

i want to see my credit report

Copy of Credit Report

How I obtain a copy of my credit report

im2fly

TequilaMWalters- to obtain free accurate copies of your credit report go to annualcreditreport.com this is a free site where you can get your yearly report for All three bureaus- Make sure you save your reports to a file because you only have 30 days to view information- you can also dispute information