Question

Tonylrose

Open account showing on credit report for 7 years since 2015 no data should i pay this off

What kind of account? What is the status? Charge off, collection, what? Ask a new question and be a little more specific, but don't give any personal info. Be very careful dealing with old accounts. I advise you to not take any action until you know exactly how to handle the account.

Tonylrose

The account i am talking about is open since 2009 of september its says 120 days late all the way up to end of 2015 and every thing blank to the present. Should that account gone to collections? I am trying to buy a house i have no other late payments over 2 years i have a couple late payments  that are going to hit 7 year mark soon. I have been fixing my credit this is the one i am worried about should i pay this since this is open. bank says i cant have any late payments for 12 months this late payment has no data for over a year

It sounds to me to have incorrect information. So I would dispute the account and hope that it gets removed. If it gets updated and remains, at least maybe you can figure out what you owe to pay them. Keep in mind that disputed accounts can hold up a mortgage too, sometimes disputes can take 30 days, but usually not that long. I would say in this case I would dispute it and best case it will get removed, even if it would reappear after the company gets the correct info, it may disappear for the window of time that you need to get your mortgage.