Question

swinging13

Open account in collections that has been paid in full
Debt of $275 that was listed as open in collections was paid in full on July 23, 2013 and still shows open on my credit report. Although the timeline of it showing open was as of April 23, 2013 so
1. How do I see and updated collections record to see if still reflects open
2. If still listed as open by the collection agency how long does it take to reflect closed/paid in full?

Most Helpful Response

"Open" accounts are usually loan accounts...... This means you must call your creditor directly and ask them to close your account or it will stay open as available credit..........

Collections Open but Paid

I have a collection (medical) that shows "Paid in Full" but is still being reported as open on my credit report. Is this correct/legal?

Collection Agency

They told me the account would be deleted