Question

taria73

open a new credit card/ drop credit score?
I recently decided to open a credit card to raise my credit score because I do not have much liability. My score was in the mid 700's but when I checked it, it had dropped into the high 600's. Is this because of the new credit card? I haven't used it yet and would appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

What scores are you going by? If you are going by the Vantage Scores provide on here, ignore them. Vantage seems to deduct points for new accounts, while FICO (the important scores) usually add points for new accounts (unless you have an excessive number of accounts).