Question

gianka

Only using some cards
I have a question. If I only default and don't pay the minimum on 3 credit cards (maxed out) and I keep all my other credit cards paid off, no balance or small and always make payment what will happen in the long run??? Will I lose my good standing cards???

Decrease of your credit rating

If you do what you wrote, the result is that the credit cards in default will assess a fee for not paying and since they're already maxxed out, that would put you over your credit limit for all 3. That would increase your utilization and your credit score will tank (also because accounts not in good standing will crush your score). In the long run the credit cards in good standing may decrease your limit or close the accounts.