Question

Lookatthatshine

Only my Equifax score dropped for unknown reason, is this worth disputing?
My Transunion & Equifax scores have both been consistently 806 for some time now. I just received by update for the new year and I noticed my Equifax has suddenly dropped to 778. No change with Transunion. I reviewed my full credit report and the only difference in the two is I have a ~$100 charge from BestBuy under 'Credit Card Utilization' on Experian from a Christmas present I charged to Bestbuy card. Keep in mind that I have not missed the payment for this - It just happened to show on my balance as the month rolled over to January. Could this be the reason for the deduction? Also, if that is not a valid reason then would it be worth my time to dispute this score change? I am a bit wary as I am in the market to purchase a home and do not want the dispute to create any problems if I decide to buy.

You only want to dispute wrong information.  Since you discovered that the drop was due to a charge you made, it's not incorrect information so just let it go.  Your score should rise after it is paid in full.

score changes are not disputable

A change in a credit score is not a disputable item on a credit report.  

Is it likely that my score dropped simply because of that Bestbuy charge I mentioned? I didn't miss a payment, (i always pay any credit card charges in full when I get the bill for that month) the month just happened to rollover right after I had made the charge to my card. (if that makes sense)