Question

ashty09

One score increased, another decreased?
My TransUnion score increased by 21 points, but my Vantage Score descreased by 29 points in the same month. I have 100% of on time payment history for all of my accounts and I am currently one payment away from paying off my credit card. I'm pretty obsessed with having near-perfect (if not perfect) credit so I'm a bit confused as to how/why one score can increase and another can decrease.

Most Helpful Response

Each score has its own way to calculate although both of the scores you mentioned use TransUnion credit report. Depends on the weight of each item in the credit report, a change in such item can affect a score in a way and another score in another way. Even if you keep your routine work of dealing with credit, for example, paying in full every month and no new credit recently, your balance will vary and your credit length will too (1 month longer after every month). Those will affect your credit score. That's why you most likely have new score every 30 days.