Question

antman2x2

One of my fathers debts is on my report! What do I do!?
Im really looking for some help, I feel sick to my stomach.

My father and I have the same name and one of his accounts has gone into collections and its on MY credit report. i have contacted transunion over the phone and explained my situation. She said I should expect a letter in the mail within 20 days that will update me on how the investigation of the situation went and whether they will remove it or not.

Did I do the right thing? Is there any thing else I need to do to prevent this from ever happening again? My credit score went from a 680 to a 520 because of this. Im only 19 and have really been trying my best to build credit to buy a car. Thank you for any help..

Most Helpful Response

You did the right thing. Have you asked for her name, ID, position in the company? You may need that info later on. You may want to call back after a week or so to check the status of the investigation. Make sure to write down the info of the representative. If you can, ask for a reference or a case number. That way you can refer to your case easily and it also guarantees that someone did do something for your situation.