Question

sharoor

One late payment is affecting my score
I had one late payment to a card, due to the fact that I was hospitalized in the ICU for three months, and this one payment fell through the cracks. Is there any way to get it taken off my credit report, or get this fixed?

Late payments are the hardest things to get off your report, especially when it is accurate.  Your only option is to throw yourself at the mercy of your creditor.  Call them and plead your case.  If you have proof you were in ICU, provide it to them.  Beg that they remove the one late payment as a courtesy or gesture of goodwill.  Offer to set your account up for automatic withdrawal as a show of good faith and to ensure this never happens again.  Best of luck!