Question

ATLGAL1212

One Late Payment 3 Years ago Can it be removed?
I've only miss a payment once on my credit card. It happened about three years ago. I was not doing well financially and it was between paying rent or my credit card. The payment was not 30 days late. Other than this one time I've always paid on time with all my credit cards. Is there anyway to request to get this late payment removed from my report to improve my score?

Most Helpful Response

Late payments only count towards your credit score when they are within 2 years of the current date (i.e. date you pull your report).  If these are 2 years old or older, don't sweat it, it's not hurting  your score in the least.  Getting them off may make you feel better, but won't affect your score.

Hey! If it wasn't 30 days late then there should not be a late charge on your credit file. Check out Mike Roberts with his Credit Solution Program. He has a lot of free info you can read that may boost your score if you follow what he teaches. Good luck in the "A"......

ATLGAL1212

Apparently my memory was wrong. I just looked at a credit report I pulled for myself two years ago. It was 30 days late. I know this can stay on my report for up to 7 years, but I still want to try and get it removed from my report. Literally every single other credit card I have ever had or currently have no late payments. Any information to whom I can contact?