Question

JimPo

Once mortgage is paid off, when will I see an improved credit score?
I was a co-signor on my daughters mortgage. They just refinanced and removed me. Original mortgage was for $350K. How long will it take to show improved score. Credit Karma recognizes that it was paid, but my score hasn't changed yet.

Most Helpful Response

You may not see a big change

As backwards as it seems, having the account paid off may not improve your score much.  It will lower the debt to income ratio but will also lower your available credit and raise your utilization,  Give it a few months and you will see your score balance out.