Question

Billpayed

Once accounts are paid to collection agency how long before it is updated on the report?

Most Helpful Response

Paying Your Bills

It seems to me that once a debt that is on credit report is paid, we need to contact all three credit bureaus and send proof it was paid off, plus request the creditor paid off to also report to all three, then wait. It can take longer than a month or two, but we must follow up on it within 2-3 months from paying it off. Just my experience. 

Ms Tammy

How can i raise my credit score in a short time. Tyring to buy a house. My score is 618 need at least 640

It still hurts your credit

Even though now its a closed account and its labeled as paid, you still might want to remove it because it does some sort of negative impact 

jweaving

I don't understand what you mean by "remove it?" 

I've paid off two cards: 

1. Sent to collections
  2. Past due and closed by Chase, but I paid through Chase (it was not sent to collections)

How would I remove it?

realjb

Any bill that went to collections will show for about 7 years. Any bill that is 30 days late will fall off the credit score in a month or 2- but the FICO will show it for 7 years-(This is the best of my knowledge - not my experience just what I have read about)

In most cases, a month or two.

need help guys

What if you are late on your first credit card3 days after your due 3 days after your due date and they filed me a seven-day extension to pay for the $25 overdraft fee will I still be able to build up my credit or will it go down I need help this is my first credit card please help me

Nomadre

Typically nothing is reported to the agencies until you are 30days past due on a card, some are less. This does not mean the credit card will not charge you the fees for being late.  If you truely cleared it up and stayed in contact with your credit card it should not affect your payment.

In need of advice. I wish to pay off my medical bills because it seems as if no matter what I am doing my credit score is at a stand still. I am current on any loan that I have as well as my credit card so what should I do to negotiate with the creditor to pay these bills on a budget I can afford

Bills

I need advice. I wish to pay off my medical bills it seems as if no matter what I am doing nothing has improve

Bill I think its 24 hours I'm needing help with my first cc card. Didn't know you could over draft...