Question

fonewiz

Once a collection is removed can the same collection agency re-add it?
If I dispute a collection and it's removed by the credit bureau, can the same collection agency put it back on my report? For example, if I disputed the debt because of inaccurate amount or for any reason really and the collection agency didn't respond within the time allowed, the collection would be removed. Can the same collector come back say 4 months later and report the same debt on my report or is that agency barred from adding the same debt back on my report? I know they could sell it and the next collector can report it but I am wondering about the same collector.

Most Helpful Response

If a collector removes it, it is removed for a reason. If the account is placed back on, then you must wonder why it was pulled before. If something like this happens, I would scrutinize the account to see what is in error, then contact a consumer law attorney that handles FDCPA cases in your state, because it would seem that some "funny business" was going on if something like this happens.