Question

twceshy94

On time payments will lower my score??
According to the simulator an on time payment history of 24 months will drop my score??

Most Helpful Response

If you have on time payments for 24 months, but you're only making minimum payments, then you will have a net drag on your credit score.  It means whatever debt you have, you ought to pay faster than 24 installments.

Simulator and Lower Scores

So - I am a year after a backruptcy and I have two separate (small) secured cc accounts.

New to CK and the simulator says that whatever I do, I lower my score (or keep it the same). An example, If I pay my bills on time for six months, I lose abt 15 points (same for any length of Tme)... and If I add in that I pay off my bills in full, the score goes down 20 points. There is NO simulated option that raises my score except for taking out a $38,000 loan or higher which give me a three point increase, on the flip side 9 inquiries lower me by 7 points

Is the simulator a real tool? Which means I can't rebuild, or is there a similar tool elsewhere?