Question

tonyprince

On the new beta version -- How do you update your credit scores ?

Most Helpful Response

It updates automatically

There are two ways that updates work:

1. Weekly automatic (4 times a month)

2. Any changes to your report between those automatic updates will also generate a new score

For example:

May 10th - score updates automatically, next automatic update will be available May 17th.

May 13th - You apply for a Company X Credit Card

May 15th - Credit Karma sees a new inquiry on Transunion Credit Report, alerts you, and updates your score

May 17th - Score updates automatically, next automatic update will be available May 24th

May 20th - New Company X Credit Card posts to your Transunion Credit Report

May 21th - Credit Karma sees new account on Transunion, alerts you and updates your score

May 24th - Score updates automatically, next automatic update will be available May 31st

(The above are simply examples of how it now works)

This is exactly how all of the other free (and most of the paid) monitoring services work. So, there's really no need to come here and hit a button everyday because CK is going to do it for you, and send you an email when something changes. changes that trigger alerts: Credit Limit Increase, New Accounts, New Inquiries, etc. Additionally, you can see a calendar of estimated Account updates at https://www.creditkarma.com/alerts

To enable moitoring and change alert settings, log in to your account:

1: Go to "Communication and Monitoring" https://www.creditkarma.com/myprofile/preferences

2: Below "Email Communications"

Check the box next to "Credit Monitoring
Monitor my credit report and notify me of changes."

You will now get an email whenver there are changes to your credit report.

Update

Thank you.  I like the new version, however I miss updateing it my self.  This way I can keep track.

Update credit score???

I'd like to to know that too.   My amounts are all wrong and I can't find anywhere to update.

they have a public record on my profile

well i called trans union and its been taken off why is it still on this site

why is my public record on this

when its been taken off trans union of me owing 7000 dollars i just talked to them

Mine doesn't update

Says next available update is April 1st - it is currently June 6th!  What's up with that??

Auto update not functioning

So far the auto updates have worked fine for me. Today, however, it is telling me the next update available was two days ago. Not sure why it isn't giving me my weekly update. Does it not work over the weekend? Monmusu, I'm a little hesitant to use a script from someone I don't know even though it does look benign. Hmmmm.

Is there a company representative on here to answer issues like mine?

You cant

You can't.  See the above posts.  It updates automatically for you now on a weekly basis.  Its a new "feature."