Question

johnnyzguitar

on the fence deciding on adding a new credit card, now or waiting a few more months
I really want to add another credit card to my portfolio, however... since getting serious about my credit a few years ago I really don't want to take a inquiry hit if I should just be patient anyone's thoughts here. I'm at 734 TU 745 EQ on CK just under two solid years of reporting 100% payments, one old paid collection, and 1soon to expire paid civil judgment on EQ nothing on TU. Fico 8s 739TU, 693EQ, 686Ex the biggy is inquires 13 TU. 9 EQ. 6 EX. However only 1 inquiry in past year on TU. I'm thinking Discover or Amex everyday. So any suggestions if I should apply for one or hold off a little longer. Presently I have Capone quicksilver with 3300 CL, Lowe's 6000 CL another credit Union visa with 500 CL and one auto loan paid down near 40% at about 9000 balance. Help me here guys

you have the fico scores to get both.  What is your utilization on your cards?  when you app you want to be under 20% even better under 10%.    But if you are above the 20%  I would wait till you got under it.  You still might be able to get the cards but with low limits.  They both pull EX credit reports so you should be fine there.

johnnybinsea

one more thing.  If you check amex pre qual site it is pretty solid if it tells you that you qual for a card.  The one on discover is a joke so dont trust it.

thanks johnny

i currenty am at 2% total utilization usually pay in full before accounts report but running my business makes impossible sometimes, how bout advise on a business card. I use my personal cards for many business charges. What do you think about Spark, INK, AmEx or does Discover have business card. I have a Construction company and several rent homes.

johnnybinsea

I like amex and dont have any experince with the other two.