Question

kjeroh

On Payment History
Credit Karma gives me a 0% on bill payment. It lists 0 payments made, therefore 0 made on time!!!!! Why not 0 bills late? I mean, even the 0 payments made is rather silly. Any ideas on how this can be changed? I successfully completed bankruptcy in November 2013 so my score isn't going to be very good for quite some time. However, I don't need an essential measurement showing an undeserved "F."

Hi kjeroh, thanks for your question. The grades given in the Credit Report Card are simply a comparison metric. Credit Karma members with 100% on-time payments tend to have the highest credit scores and are given an "A". Credit Karma members with 96% or less on-time payments, OR no payment history tend to have the lowest scores, hence the "F". Payment history is a significant component in your credit score, and having no data for this value generally results in a low score.

Keep in mind the Credit Report Card has no impact on your credit score, which is calculated by the credit bureau - but it is a tool to let you know which areas are strong, and which require improvement.