Question

jaejph

On my credit report it shows a card balance with 45% utilization this card has been at $0 balance
for a month also a 2nd card has a utilization at 71% and in fact its only at 30%.My score has dropped 75 points due to this.Why is this?

Start by getting with the credit card company.   Does someone else have access to your account (co-application, authorized user or worse identify theft)?   Does the amount match what they reported?    Ensure that there is not two accounts that reflects that balance as a total.   Then if necessary, file a dispute with the credit bureau, include the statement from the credit card company to prove your point.   Ensure the date of the statement closely matches that of the credit report.   Also, confirm the date it was reported.  Was the amount reported on that date match what you owed about that date and your payment was in effect after that date.

I have a credit card with an authorized user.   My credit card reported me twice a month for three months.   Once when the authorized user was added and another on my normal date.   Ensure this is not happing to you.   This is not a normal process by all cards.