Question

lula4739

Oldest acct is 22 y/o, but haven't used it in years. Worth closing or good 2 keep open for history?
My oldest account is one that my mother opened 22 years ago in which my name was included on. The account hasn't been used (by her or me) in years - there is no balance and no monthly fee to have the account open. I am gaining points on my credit score for having such an old account, but I am also losing points for all the inactivity. Would it be better to close the account or keep it open?

How are you loosing points for inactivitiy? Inactivitiy is not part of the score. Always keep your oldest account even if you no logner need it if it has no fees. As a matter of fact, go back and use it every so often payign it back in full so that the lender does not close it on you due to inactivity.