Question

CredulousCredit

Oldest account is older than myself
I just opened a Credit Karma account because I've never seen my credit score before and I was curious. I happened to see the 'Average age of credit history' part under the scores on the dashboard. What I saw was under the 'Oldest Account' column, It was 21 years and 3 months. However I'm only 19 so that isn't possible. A lot of the information shown here is pretty inaccurate, and it seems that my credit score is extremely good for my age and length of time I've been "credit active" per say. Can someone enlighten me as to what is going on? Or is this whole thing a sham?

Most Helpful Response

Are/were you an authorized user on your parent's/grandparent's credit accounts?