Question

weesa2005

Old Paid off mortgage is on my CreditKarma?
I sold my house and paid off my mortgage in 2015 and it just recently showed up on my debt list so now my debt is bigger...does this mean its officially on my credit as unpaid. Confused

If your paid off mortgage is showing on your credit report as having a balance then it is not properly reported to the bureau by the mortgage company.   You should request that they update the information to reflect the current balances.   You question if it is on your report as unpaid, what does it state when you review the actual credit report.  Does it show a zero balance and does it show paid or closed.  It is has the zero balance and marked paid/closed then it would not be part of your debt amount and your debt to income ratio should accurately report.

weesa2005

Thank you for your response. On CreditKarma homepage....it does show an outstanding balance of $$$$$$ but shows it was last updated in Sept 2015.?

I went to my credit report  just now on "My Credit Report " section and checked both Equifax and Experien and it does show that my Mortgage account was closed and $0 balance so thank you. Phew...Its just weird that it showed up out of the blue on CreditK.com as of recently? Gave me a scare. It must me a glitch in the CreditK website??

Thanks again!!