Question

bash48s

Old, paid off, and closed student load account still showing up on reports...
Hi, as of 1 May 2014, I've paid off my student loans to ACS/Wells Fargo; no missed payments or bad marks.

I'm still seeing an open account from ACS/Wells on my credit scores from my credit cards, from credit karma, and from my yearly freebie report from transunion.

Last update was Feb 29, 2012 (I finished grad school June 2012). Again, no missed payments, everything paid on time or ahead of time.

I've emailed ACS/Wells, and they say they've forwared the matter to their "research department". That was well over a month ago.

If they're going to say in the end "we don't know" why my credit reports still show an open account from them (their records show I'm paid up and the account is closed), what do I do next?

First ask ACS to close your account. Also write a dispute letter to the credit bureau(s) reporting this account that the account in question should be closed.....  Or you could wait it out about another month to see if the bureaus is just a little behind with reporting... If not then proceed with the above mentioned. Congrats on your acheivements!!!