Question

Vmagers

Old Navy card denied with wrong credit score
I've been rebuilding my credit for the past year. I got a walmart card last summer and a month ago they raised my limit from $300 to $500. Since it was a GE card I decided to apply for an Old Navy store card. I filled out the application online and received a " we will let you know in 7 to 10 business days" . This morning I got an email that said I was denied because my TU score was 429! I freaked out and pulled all my scores. My TU was 666! I called old navy and they are investigating it and will let me know in 30 days. Has this ever happened to anyone? I now have a hard inquiry and no card to show for it.

Udpate?

So, any resolution to this?  The same thing just happened to me. I just applied online for in-store credit and was denied with an Equifax score of 585.  My score is almost 100 points higher according to Equifax.  I just purchased a home and there's no way I'd have been approved for a $250k loan with a 585 score.  Getting in touch with Equifax to dispute this isn't clear as all I can seem to do is order my credit report or my score.  

I got denied for the old navy card with a  672 Trans 670 Equifax 650 experian. I dont understand how people with way lower credit scores got approved and I got denied.... Oh well... Discover approves me for 1400 limit and this card denies me. I guess thats how it works.