Question

amiles07

Old medical debt from 2011
I have an old medical debt from 2011. I was hurt at work and sent to the hospital, and my employer was supposed to pay it for me. Should I pay it off or should I just wait for it to come off my report? I am in the process of improving my credit score, which is how I realized that it was on my report.

Most Helpful Response

It's been about 5 years, so you should check to see what the statute of limitations for collections is in your state.  If the SOL has expired, just wait.  If you might still be able to be sued for the debt, negotiate a pay for delete agreement.  Those are explained in the articles on this site.