Question

gmirvin88

Old Medical Bill Hardship App. Question
I found out that you can submit a hardship application to the hospital (which they provide) to have your old medical bills either reduced, or even wiped away completely. (The one i was getting reduced was nearly $3000 from over 4 or 5 years ago). I sent in the application with all the correct documents, and I still have yet to hear a response (its been about 3 months) and now the old bill was removed from my credit, and re-reported this year... What could I do in this situation?

Most Helpful Response

I would send the application (or copy of it) every month until you get the results you were promised.  If they have a phone number, I would be blowing up their phone until they come through (same with email).  Don't be afraid to ask for a supervisor/manager or whomever is in charge.  Just be persistent and polite and the squeakiest wheel you know.  Best of luck!