Question

nanalor

Old jugment that was paid but shows on my credit. How do I eliminate it?

If it is less than 7 years since it was paid, it's just part of your credit history and will remain. 

Most Helpful Response

Your collection will stay unless you received a settlement from the collection company that stated the debt would be removed from your report upon payment.  That is called  PTD- PAY TO DELETE!  You could then dispute your account online with all three bureaus and have it removed.  IF NOT, you can ask if they can remove it or it must stay on there for 7yrs from last date of zero balance.

Paid collections and student loans

I recently paid all of my accounts in collections either by settlement or paid in full.  I could not get most of the companies to agree to remove the debt but they now report as paid and closed. I haven't noticed a positive change in my score and this is the third month since they are paid. Although I got a notice from my credit card that stated my score changed and it actually dropped by five points, no explanation of why. I do have a high student loan balance with some unfavorable history but every thing at this point is current. 

In addition, my credit karma score does not match my score if I pull it from any of the pay companies. In fact, the difference is any where from 100-130 points, credit karma is showing as higher than any of the agencies, including what my credit tracker states on my credit card statements.