Question

badscoretryingtofix

Old Hard Inquiries From a Year Ago Just Now Appearing on My Report After Old Collections Removed?
I just had a collections account removed and was shocked to see it dropped my score 42 freaking points!! CK told me i had 4 new changes to my report, a collections account removed and THREE HARD INQUIRIES!!! I haven't done anything to spur three hard inquiries. All these inquiries are dated from July 2015 but are JUST NOW popping up once this collection has been removed. I'm really upset becuase my credit wasn't good to begin with and I was trying to fix it. I thought it would be raised if my collections accounts were removed. I have 2 more and now I'm not sure if I should try to get them removed ):. So should I continue to get them removed and WHAT is the deal with those 3 random hard inquiries??????

I have no idea as to how the inquiries have just appeared now, they were most likely always a part of your actual credit reports from the credit bureaus. Either way, hard inquiries really do not cause any damage after one year and are removed at the two year mark. Yes, keep getting rid of those collections if you can, you DO NOT want collections on your reports no matter what this scoring system does when they are removed. Do you have current accounts in good standing that are being reported to the credit bureaus? Make sure that you do. If you have developed FICO scores, you need to check them.